Markiplier and Jacksepticeye GG Refugees
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Markiplier

+10
Dren
MapleNia
ritzcrackerz
Nyxx
professionallurker
M0nkeeButt2590
Dragonmax
moran
Kierans
kei
14 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Markiplier Empty Markiplier

Post by kei Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:04 pm

Admin note: Now that GG seems to have crapped out long-term at the moment, let's get the ball rolling here. I'll try to keep the format like GG does for Mark and Jack, but without the fancy bells and whistles because I know NOTHING about running a forum and never expected I'd have to do this. Razz

kei
Admin

https://ggrefugees.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Markiplier Empty Re: Markiplier

Post by Kierans Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:26 am

Thanks for doing this! Very Happy I hope more people join. I would hate to lose touch with people just because of a lousy site.

OT: I don't know what the heck is going on with GG. I mean seriously, I lurk at LSA, and their servers never have half the problems that GG does. scratch
Kierans
Kierans

Back to top Go down

Post by moran Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:25 am

Thank you for doing this, I think GG should split up into two different sites, one for the gurus and one for the other youtubers, it would be good for the traffic I guess!
moran
moran

Back to top Go down

Post by kei Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:06 am

No problem! Smile I just wanted to make sure our own community doesn't get destroyed by the whole GG thing. I was getting frustrated because people are still really hurting from Daniel's death, but we can hardly get through to post properly anymore and their admin doesn't seem to care. At the very least, now whenever GG goes on extended hiatus we can come here. I still have no idea what the fuck I'm doing with setting up forums and stuff, but with any luck I've made it as easy to join and post as GG does.

kei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonmax Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:25 am

Thanks for doing this! I don't visit GG anymore as often as I used to since the board craps out on us and I can't really open it properly even in Tapatalk. (Although it does work when the site won't, but even Tapatalk bugs out often too.)

Dragonmax

Back to top Go down

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:19 am

Thanks for doing this! I haven't been able to get on GG for 4 days! I was really missing you guys! Sad

So has anything really happened while I was away?
M0nkeeButt2590
M0nkeeButt2590

Back to top Go down

Post by kei Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:38 am

Glad you all think this was a good idea. Very Happy At first I wondered if I was overreacting, but GG really has been a pain this past week and it doesn't look like its admin gives a damn.

@M0nkeeButt, all you really missed is a few comments here and there supporting Mark when he made his "Lost a Friend" video, and remarks about MSB acting like he was Daniel's best friend when I'm fairly certain he never even gave Cyndago a second thought before because they wouldn't make him money. There would probably have been more posts on there if the site didn't have a seizure every time someone clicked a button on it.

kei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:55 am

kei wrote:Glad you all think this was a good idea. Very Happy At first I wondered if I was overreacting, but GG really has been a pain this past week and it doesn't look like its admin gives a damn.

@M0nkeeButt, all you really missed is a few comments here and there supporting Mark when he made his "Lost a Friend" video, and remarks about MSB acting like he was Daniel's best friend when I'm fairly certain he never even gave Cyndago a second thought before because they wouldn't make him money. There would probably have been more posts on there if the site didn't have a seizure every time someone clicked a button on it.

Who knows, maybe the admin wants the site to die. Our group is pretty tame, but other threads are full of vicious vipers.

Anyway, finally was able to get on GG and see what I missed, but thanks again for the update.
M0nkeeButt2590
M0nkeeButt2590

Back to top Go down

Post by professionallurker Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:14 pm

Mark's Facebook post made me feel sort of happy. It seems like him, Ryan, and Matt will still live together and they'll eventually all do videos together, but only when Ryan and Matt are ready. And they're getting a dog! That's left me excited, since Mark has wanted one for awhile now.

professionallurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyxx Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:44 pm

Wow, GG was okay for me this morning but crapped out again.

Mark's post made me a bit happy too! Glad he's gonna adopt from a shelter instead of buying one like other youtubers did.

Nyxx

Back to top Go down

Post by professionallurker Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:42 pm

OT: kei, not sure if you would be able to, but have you thought about pm'ing everyone from the Markiplier board and letting them know about the new site for when GG is down? Smile

professionallurker

Back to top Go down

Post by kei Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:51 pm

professionallurker wrote:OT: kei, not sure if you would be able to, but have you thought about pm'ing everyone from the Markiplier board and letting them know about the new site for when GG is down? Smile

Oh! Uh, not until now. Laughing Good idea. But the site's down again for me, so I'll wait for it to come back up.

kei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyxx Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:51 pm

You know I'm glad Mark has been updating us when he feels like it! Smile I've been worried about those guys.

Nyxx

Back to top Go down

Post by kei Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:45 pm

Nyxx I keep trying to thank you for your post like on GG but I don't think this forum has that capacity. Razz So, uh, thanks? Wink But yeah I've been glad to see the updates too. The fact he'd gotten so quiet before was worrying, when Ryan and Matt had been posting. But they sound like they're taking it a day at a time, like they're trying to piece the near future together both collectively and as individuals.

kei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyxx Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:55 pm

Ha-ha, I honestly don't remember what I posted now and GG is offline again, but hey you're welcome? Razz

I agree Kei, I hope these guys stick around. Cyndago's humor wasn't for me but you can tell the guys had/have talent. I wouldn't care if they wanted to take a few months off but as long as they popped in to say hi and they are okay that would be good enough for me. Did anyone else get the vibe from Mark's last update that he's almost stepped in to the caretaker role of the guys? Can't blame him though, I'd do the same.

Nyxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Kierans Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:55 pm

Nyxx wrote:Did anyone else get the vibe from Mark's last update that he's almost stepped in to the caretaker role of the guys? Can't blame him though, I'd do the same.

It makes sense, since he's the oldest and has the most life experience. And it already seems to be in his nature to be protective of and loyal to his close friends. I can see Ryan and Matt almost becoming like little brothers to him, in a way.
Kierans
Kierans

Back to top Go down

Post by professionallurker Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:35 pm

So Mark is moving back into the house they bought

professionallurker

Back to top Go down

Post by ritzcrackerz Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:42 pm

professionallurker wrote:So Mark is moving back into the house they bought

That's what I thought too. But his Facebook post he says "but with each thing I clean up it becomes a little bit more like home". Part is thinking he may stay there but I really don't have a clue.

ritzcrackerz

Back to top Go down

Post by kei Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:43 pm

God damn it, GG was loading fine for me the whole day. I go to post about his latest FB message and it craps right out again. Sad Anyway, copy-pasting my GG post here, where I know it'll actually go through.

From Mark's Facebook:

"I'm back in LA. I'm going to be easing myself back into the video world very soon but before that there's a lot to do. It's strange being in this house again but with each thing I clean up it becomes a little bit more like home. And I eagerly await the arrival of a new puppy to keep me company!"
God, that's got to be difficult. But life still moves forward for those left behind, I guess. Major respect to him for doing his best to stay positive and on top of things, when retreating would seem the easier option right now. And I get the feeling that dog is going to be very therapeutic for him in the coming months.

kei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by professionallurker Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:32 pm

Matt made a post about being in SC for a couple of more months. I wonder if he's headed back to LA after that

professionallurker

Back to top Go down

Post by kei Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:55 pm

I wonder the same thing. It's good to see he has a strong support group going on around him. Smile

Frankly, Ryan's been the quietest about his future plans, and I think he's also struggling the most with it as well. Matt still has his Kids With Problems channel, and there was never a question about Mark eventually going back to his own videos. But Ryan's name has always been connected to Daniel's in their work. Moving forward alone has got to be difficult, but I doubt he'll necessarily team up with someone else again, either. He really seems the most lost in all this, and my heart goes out to him.

As for Mark, I've been silently running his "Scary Games" playlist in the background all day with Adblock off. It's not enough to keep his own view count up, but it's all I can do in this situation, really. Neutral

kei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kei Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:44 pm

Not to double post, but this was heartbreaking to see on Mark's twitter a few minutes ago:

This house is quiet.

Neutral

I hope the dog he's going to get will help him take his mind off things.

kei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kierans Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:24 pm

I saw that Ryan tweeted as well. Heartbreaking is right. Sad Especially since before all this happened, Mark's mostly kept a tight lid on publicly expressing emotions other than gratitude. I'm just trusting that they both know better than to let themselves get too wrapped up in their own heads since that'll only make things feel worse.

It's times like these that I wish I was a friend instead of a fan. I hate being on the sidelines, so to speak.
Kierans
Kierans

Back to top Go down

Post by MapleNia Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:41 pm

Hello everyone! I finally created an account here too!

I hope all the people concerned are well surrounded and they will get better eventually.

I agree Mark seems to be the caretaker and I would of said the same thing as Kierans did. But what makes me worried for Mark is when he said that when he's not working, he feels empty. Hope he will reach to his friends. Also, hope he'll find a lovable puppy that will surely keep him company!
MapleNia
MapleNia

Back to top Go down

Post by Dren Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:58 am

Hi. I've been a long time lurker on GGs Markiplier section since the February debacle. I never made an account because I'm really bad with words and its hard for me to get my points across plus I don't really agree with the premise. But I've been here. I made this account today because I have been having a hard time getting over what happened recently. I also go on tumblr and twitter but I think a lot of those people are younger and being dramatic for attention. I'm 25 years old and Ive been a Markiplier/Cyndago fan for over 2 years. YouTube and the culture growing around it is my main form of entertainment. I've followed Mark and the Cyndago guys and watched all their content ect. Because it's what I do in my spare time. I think I realised how invested in the guys I was when Cyndago announced they got hired in LA. I was so excited for them. Legitimately happy for people I've never met, but they felt like friends. Maybe that's why YouTube works so well. Because we can feel a connection to the content provider. Cyndago stood for something for me as well. The underdogs who were off to LA to live out their dreams. As an artist, their story gave me hope. After I found out what happened to Daniel, I legitimately grieved. That's the part I want/need to talk about. That's why I'm here writing this. I was as devastated by this loss as I would have been if a close friend died. It was a shock to me though. I wanted so badly to reach out to Ryan because I know how much he loved Daniel. I felt so helpless. I cried all that Sunday and every time I thought about it and all the implications at work for the next week. It was alarming/confusing to feel like that, and I couldn't even tell people why I was so upset. How do you explain it? But after a week had past, I stopped waking up thinking about it and was able to talk about it without crying and was able to reflect on what I had experienced with a clear head. Did anyone else feel like this? I'm so confused by my reaction. I do love those boys but I'm afraid it's become unhealthy to care about them. I have so much trouble interacting socially I'm afraid I'm using the guys as pseudo friends or something. Sorry for spam I just need to talk about it.

Dren

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next