Markiplier

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Markiplier

Post by kei on Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:05 pm

For some reason I remember seeing Ryan doing a livestream of a game many, many months ago, like maybe even shortly before he and Daniel left for Los Angeles. He wasn't horrible, but didn't really say or do much as he played. I wonder if they figure they're not moving fast enough with the sketches that they want to get into gaming as a backup? I wish them luck too, but by then they really will be inextricably connected to Mark forever. Maybe they're not opposed to that, but then comes the expectations from Mark's fans and...well, not even Mark can handle Mark's fans all the time.

kei
Admin

Posts : 39
Join date : 2015-09-26

View user profile http://ggrefugees.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Markiplier

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 on Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:19 pm

kei wrote:For some reason I remember seeing Ryan doing a livestream of a game many, many months ago, like maybe even shortly before he and Daniel left for Los Angeles. He wasn't horrible, but didn't really say or do much as he played. I wonder if they figure they're not moving fast enough with the sketches that they want to get into gaming as a backup? I wish them luck too, but by then they really will be inextricably connected to Mark forever. Maybe they're not opposed to that, but then comes the expectations from Mark's fans and...well, not even Mark can handle Mark's fans all the time.

That's my point. All throughout the comments (or chat if they choose to livestream) it will just be demands that Mark play with them or comparing everything they do to Mark.

But even if they are trying to do gaming as a backup, why bother making another channel just for that? They have the developed audience (albeit mainly Mark fans) on their main channel, so unless their monetization was taken down, what's the point?

And maybe now they don't mind being connected to Mark since he's their friend and the 3 have been through a lot together, but what about down the road? Eventually Mark will leave LA and Youtube. Hell it could be a possibility he does find a new gf and decides to move in with her. What do they do then? Granted Cyndago was attached to Mark for years too, but they tried to do their own thing and make a name for themselves outside of that connection. Why is it so hard for KWP? Was it really all because of Daniel?
avatar
M0nkeeButt2590

Posts : 47
Join date : 2015-09-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Markiplier

Post by KMS1017 on Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:30 pm

I feel for Matt and Ryan, I really do. They've had a tough time since Daniel. Mostly on Ryan, as Daniel was his best friend/brother figure. But, like what was said, KWP hasn't uploaded anything in a month. I know Matt is atleast editing some of Mark's videos. But, I also know Mark has said he has been doing things himself(editing, making thumbnails) for a lot of things. I mean, I see a lot of things going on behind the scenes on Mark's end, just not a lot on theirs.
I didn't know that "the boys" were that into gaming to be quite honest. I honestly could see Ryan being a film critic on YouTube more than a gamer. And Matt has talent with editing, but, he seems more into music than lps as well. Just doesn't seem like their passion in games as it does with Mark. But, haven't seen any of their stuff yet. So, we shall see.

KMS1017

Posts : 23
Join date : 2015-11-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Markiplier

Post by ritzcrackerz on Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:13 pm

Getting up there to the popular YouTube status takes time. If you wanna call it that. It's not gonna happen overnight. I hope they aren't going to give up on sketches just because they're not up where they would like to be right now. If they're really passionate about sketches, they should just keep striving to be better.

ritzcrackerz

Posts : 5
Join date : 2015-09-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Markiplier

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 on Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:19 pm

KMS1017 wrote:I feel for Matt and Ryan, I really do. They've had a tough time since Daniel. Mostly on Ryan, as Daniel was his best friend/brother figure.  But, like what was said, KWP hasn't uploaded anything in a month. I know Matt is atleast editing some of Mark's videos. But, I also know Mark has said he has been doing things himself(editing, making thumbnails) for a lot of things. I mean, I see a lot of things going on behind the scenes on Mark's end, just not a lot on theirs.  
I didn't know that "the boys"  were that into gaming to be quite honest. I honestly could see Ryan being a film critic on YouTube more than a gamer. And Matt has talent with editing, but, he seems more into music than lps as well. Just doesn't seem like their passion in games as it does with Mark. But, haven't seen any of their stuff yet. So, we shall see.

Well Mark has said that the entire household is addicted to Stardew Valley right now. And during one of Markiplier's Mini Montages Ryan was playing Fallout 4, so they do have some interest in gaming, though I doubt it's the same as Mark's. Ryan himself seems more drawn to movies since he specifically set up a movie projection room in the house and him and Daniel won some kind of short film award not long before Matt joined Cyndago. Plus he does have an eye for cinematography. Honestly I can't quite read Matt, but he is a talented editor. I don't always like that kind of editing style, but he has a gift for it.

If the two hooked up with someone who had knowledge about sound effects and music composition, maybe someone like Random Encounters, then I could see them go far and possibly start their own web series/tv series. Gaming? I don't know. I'll wait and see what comes up, but I'm a bit skeptical.
avatar
M0nkeeButt2590

Posts : 47
Join date : 2015-09-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Markiplier

Post by MapleNia on Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:34 pm

Thank GOD for this website. Hope everyone had a happy Easter! I just finished my lent and MY GOSH, I almost had an orgasm when I drank my first coffee after 40 days (I'm joking, but I was happy I could tough it all the way without alcohol, meat and coffee -- I'm proud of myself for many reason, shush Razz)

I havn't been able to catch the livestream a lot, only the bit where he was talking about drugs and about the shipping/how normal people don't ship real people in which I think he past his opinion quite firmly and well, especially when he was starting he's sentence like "I'm going to be a bad guy by saying this but...". Of course, there will be butthurt people that will say he's a big meanie for saying this, but what can you do... I rolled my eyes when people were twisting Mark's words and saying how it's okay to try all the drugs and saying 'drugiplier'.

Thanks Monkee for listing the stuff that happened during the livestream Very Happy I hope it will be archive... I find it sucks that he didn't archive the suprise livestream; it doesn't give a chance to the people that were working to see him play and hear him talk, but at least someone recorded it. I really like it when he does livestreams; being relaxed, jokes with some people in the chat, talk on "one-on-one", etc.

I LOVE the idea he putted volunteering links to encourage people to go volunteer! Great idea Smile I'm currently looking on my own for some places I could volunteer because there isn't a lot of options in the websites he gave. And it's true that it's funny how MAC (that acronym makes me hungry because of mac n' cheese...) was saying how we should either donate/volunteer instead of doing a thank you video and Mark just linked people to volunteering websites. Coincidence!

Oh and I checked what you guys were saying about the people he's subscribe to. He's subscribe to various people (he's still subscribe to Minx, she's at the bottom), in which one of them is a make up channel. I guess he really appreciate different stuff as long as it's cool work and well done --- unless he's trying to improve his make up skills after his make up challenge video or trying make up on his free time Razz hahaha.

I saw that twitter post about Matt (and Ryan to my understanding???) that they are starting a gaming channel. I think it would have been nice to have everything on one channel because their fanbase is already there, but that's their choice. I think Ryan has an interest in gaming because I saw a couple of tweets in the past about games. We'll see how it goes; at least they want to try various things.
avatar
MapleNia

Posts : 15
Join date : 2015-10-01
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Markiplier

Post by MapleNia on Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:37 pm

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:
KMS1017 wrote:I feel for Matt and Ryan, I really do. They've had a tough time since Daniel. Mostly on Ryan, as Daniel was his best friend/brother figure.  But, like what was said, KWP hasn't uploaded anything in a month. I know Matt is atleast editing some of Mark's videos. But, I also know Mark has said he has been doing things himself(editing, making thumbnails) for a lot of things. I mean, I see a lot of things going on behind the scenes on Mark's end, just not a lot on theirs.  
I didn't know that "the boys"  were that into gaming to be quite honest. I honestly could see Ryan being a film critic on YouTube more than a gamer. And Matt has talent with editing, but, he seems more into music than lps as well. Just doesn't seem like their passion in games as it does with Mark. But, haven't seen any of their stuff yet. So, we shall see.

Well Mark has said that the entire household is addicted to Stardew Valley right now. And during one of Markiplier's Mini Montages Ryan was playing Fallout 4, so they do have some interest in gaming, though I doubt it's the same as Mark's. Ryan himself seems more drawn to movies since he specifically set up a movie projection room in the house and him and Daniel won some kind of short film award not long before Matt joined Cyndago. Plus he does have an eye for cinematography. Honestly I can't quite read Matt, but he is a talented editor. I don't always like that kind of editing style, but he has a gift for it.

If the two hooked up with someone who had knowledge about sound effects and music composition, maybe someone like Random Encounters, then I could see them go far and possibly start their own web series/tv series. Gaming? I don't know. I'll wait and see what comes up, but I'm a bit skeptical.

Yeah, you're right! Ryan has an eye for cinematography! Maybe in the futur, he could start a serie where he critics and gives his own opinion on movies (possibly mixed with sketches -- I don't know how -- to put in some jokes in their own style).
avatar
MapleNia

Posts : 15
Join date : 2015-10-01
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Markiplier

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 on Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:57 pm

The makeup channel he's subbed to, Fleur DeForce, was one of the girls he met during his Vegas trip. He's also following her on Instagram. She seems nice and takes a lot of cute photos with her husband and puppies. Funny he isn't subbed to Ro despite their collab. He also isn't subbed to Random Encounters. Actually the bulk of the content he's subbed to are either his friends, gaming related, animation related, or even just comedy related including Stephen Colbert. But considering he probably spends the bulk of his browsing on Youtube on the Game Grumps channel, I don't imagine he goes around subbing to too many people to begin with.

Yeah still don't see any recorded videos of the stream. Granted it was a long stream, but hopefully someone uploads it soon.
avatar
M0nkeeButt2590

Posts : 47
Join date : 2015-09-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Markiplier

Post by MapleNia on Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:03 pm

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:The makeup channel he's subbed to, Fleur DeForce, was one of the girls he met during his Vegas trip. He's also following her on Instagram. She seems nice and takes a lot of cute photos with her husband and puppies. Funny he isn't subbed to Ro despite their collab. He also isn't subbed to Random Encounters. Actually the bulk of the content he's subbed to are either his friends, gaming related, animation related, or even just comedy related including Stephen Colbert. But considering he probably spends the bulk of his browsing on Youtube on the Game Grumps channel, I don't imagine he goes around subbing to too many people to begin with.

Yeah still don't see any recorded videos of the stream. Granted it was a long stream, but hopefully someone uploads it soon.

I knew that this name was familiar somewhere haahaha Laughing That's what I saw; animation, comedy and his friends pretty much. Like you said, he's spending so much time watching Game Grump stuff or even Youtube poop/random things, I don't think he's subbed to that many channels.

I see that the livestream is still open, but he's not connected. Maybe he forgot to turn it off so that's why he didn't archive it.
avatar
MapleNia

Posts : 15
Join date : 2015-10-01
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Markiplier

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 on Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:07 pm

MapleNia wrote:
M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:The makeup channel he's subbed to, Fleur DeForce, was one of the girls he met during his Vegas trip. He's also following her on Instagram. She seems nice and takes a lot of cute photos with her husband and puppies. Funny he isn't subbed to Ro despite their collab. He also isn't subbed to Random Encounters. Actually the bulk of the content he's subbed to are either his friends, gaming related, animation related, or even just comedy related including Stephen Colbert. But considering he probably spends the bulk of his browsing on Youtube on the Game Grumps channel, I don't imagine he goes around subbing to too many people to begin with.

Yeah still don't see any recorded videos of the stream. Granted it was a long stream, but hopefully someone uploads it soon.

I knew that this name was familiar somewhere haahaha Laughing That's what I saw; animation, comedy and his friends pretty much. Like you said, he's spending so much time watching Game Grump stuff or even Youtube poop/random things, I don't think he's subbed to that many channels.

I see that the livestream is still open, but he's not connected. Maybe he forgot to turn it off so that's why he didn't archive it.

It also doesn't help that there are fans still using the chat despite there being no stream. That could be delaying the process of it archiving as well, but I'm not sure.
avatar
M0nkeeButt2590

Posts : 47
Join date : 2015-09-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Markiplier

Post by ritzcrackerz on Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:10 pm

MapleNia wrote:Thank GOD for this website. Hope everyone had a happy Easter! I just finished my lent and MY GOSH, I almost had an orgasm when I drank my first coffee after 40 days (I'm joking, but I was happy I could tough it all the way without alcohol, meat and coffee -- I'm proud of myself for many reason, shush Razz)

I havn't been able to catch the livestream a lot, only the bit where he was talking about drugs and about the shipping/how normal people don't ship real people in which I think he past his opinion quite firmly and well, especially when he was starting he's sentence like "I'm going to be a bad guy by saying this but...". Of course, there will be butthurt people that will say he's a big meanie for saying this, but what can you do... I rolled my eyes when people were twisting Mark's words and saying how it's okay to try all the drugs and saying 'drugiplier'.

Thanks Monkee for listing the stuff that happened during the livestream Very Happy I hope it will be archive... I find it sucks that he didn't archive the suprise livestream; it doesn't give a chance to the people that were working to see him play and hear him talk, but at least someone recorded it. I really like it when he does livestreams; being relaxed, jokes with some people in the chat, talk on "one-on-one", etc.

I LOVE the idea he putted volunteering links to encourage people to go volunteer! Great idea Smile I'm currently looking on my own for some places I could volunteer because there isn't a lot of options in the websites he gave. And it's true that it's funny how MAC (that acronym makes me hungry because of mac n' cheese...) was saying how we should either donate/volunteer instead of doing a thank you video and Mark just linked people to volunteering websites. Coincidence!

Oh and I checked what you guys were saying about the people he's subscribe to. He's subscribe to various people (he's still subscribe to Minx, she's at the bottom), in which one of them is a make up channel. I guess he really appreciate different stuff as long as it's cool work and well done --- unless he's trying to improve his make up skills after his make up challenge video or trying make up on his free time Razz hahaha.

I saw that twitter post about Matt (and Ryan to my understanding???) that they are starting a gaming channel. I think it would have been nice to have everything on one channel because their fanbase is already there, but that's their choice. I think Ryan has an interest in gaming because I saw a couple of tweets in the past about games. We'll see how it goes; at least they want to try various things.

OT: Girl, I feel ya. I gave up sodas and sweet tea for Lent. It felt soooooo good to taste Dr. Pepper again.

MAC makes me think of the makeup brand. But mac n cheese works too.

That's funny that he's subbed to a makeup channel. I might check her out later. I've been trying to get more into makeup lately. I also find it funny that he's subbed to a girl's music channel even though he says he doesn't listen to music that often.

ritzcrackerz

Posts : 5
Join date : 2015-09-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Markiplier

Post by MapleNia on Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:15 pm

ritzcrackerz wrote:
MapleNia wrote:Thank GOD for this website. Hope everyone had a happy Easter! I just finished my lent and MY GOSH, I almost had an orgasm when I drank my first coffee after 40 days (I'm joking, but I was happy I could tough it all the way without alcohol, meat and coffee -- I'm proud of myself for many reason, shush Razz)

I havn't been able to catch the livestream a lot, only the bit where he was talking about drugs and about the shipping/how normal people don't ship real people in which I think he past his opinion quite firmly and well, especially when he was starting he's sentence like "I'm going to be a bad guy by saying this but...". Of course, there will be butthurt people that will say he's a big meanie for saying this, but what can you do... I rolled my eyes when people were twisting Mark's words and saying how it's okay to try all the drugs and saying 'drugiplier'.

Thanks Monkee for listing the stuff that happened during the livestream Very Happy I hope it will be archive... I find it sucks that he didn't archive the suprise livestream; it doesn't give a chance to the people that were working to see him play and hear him talk, but at least someone recorded it. I really like it when he does livestreams; being relaxed, jokes with some people in the chat, talk on "one-on-one", etc.

I LOVE the idea he putted volunteering links to encourage people to go volunteer! Great idea Smile I'm currently looking on my own for some places I could volunteer because there isn't a lot of options in the websites he gave. And it's true that it's funny how MAC (that acronym makes me hungry because of mac n' cheese...) was saying how we should either donate/volunteer instead of doing a thank you video and Mark just linked people to volunteering websites. Coincidence!

Oh and I checked what you guys were saying about the people he's subscribe to. He's subscribe to various people (he's still subscribe to Minx, she's at the bottom), in which one of them is a make up channel. I guess he really appreciate different stuff as long as it's cool work and well done --- unless he's trying to improve his make up skills after his make up challenge video or trying make up on his free time Razz hahaha.

I saw that twitter post about Matt (and Ryan to my understanding???) that they are starting a gaming channel. I think it would have been nice to have everything on one channel because their fanbase is already there, but that's their choice. I think Ryan has an interest in gaming because I saw a couple of tweets in the past about games. We'll see how it goes; at least they want to try various things.

OT: Girl, I feel ya. I gave up sodas and sweet tea for Lent. It felt soooooo good to taste Dr. Pepper again.

MAC makes me think of the makeup brand. But mac n cheese works too.

That's funny that he's subbed to a makeup channel. I might check her out later. I've been trying to get more into makeup lately. I also find it funny that he's subbed to a girl's music channel even though he says he doesn't listen to music that often.

OT: Haha, good to be able to taste those sweet drinks Razz

Well, like Monkee said, Fleur is a girl that he met during his Vegas trip. And I agree that it's funny in a way that he doesn't listen to music much and he's subbed to a girl's music channel, but I think he really as a great appreciation for various music genre, like the Critical Mass/Annihilation music (Shurk).
avatar
MapleNia

Posts : 15
Join date : 2015-10-01
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Markiplier

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 on Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:33 pm

MapleNia wrote:
ritzcrackerz wrote:
MapleNia wrote:Thank GOD for this website. Hope everyone had a happy Easter! I just finished my lent and MY GOSH, I almost had an orgasm when I drank my first coffee after 40 days (I'm joking, but I was happy I could tough it all the way without alcohol, meat and coffee -- I'm proud of myself for many reason, shush Razz)

I havn't been able to catch the livestream a lot, only the bit where he was talking about drugs and about the shipping/how normal people don't ship real people in which I think he past his opinion quite firmly and well, especially when he was starting he's sentence like "I'm going to be a bad guy by saying this but...". Of course, there will be butthurt people that will say he's a big meanie for saying this, but what can you do... I rolled my eyes when people were twisting Mark's words and saying how it's okay to try all the drugs and saying 'drugiplier'.

Thanks Monkee for listing the stuff that happened during the livestream Very Happy I hope it will be archive... I find it sucks that he didn't archive the suprise livestream; it doesn't give a chance to the people that were working to see him play and hear him talk, but at least someone recorded it. I really like it when he does livestreams; being relaxed, jokes with some people in the chat, talk on "one-on-one", etc.

I LOVE the idea he putted volunteering links to encourage people to go volunteer! Great idea Smile I'm currently looking on my own for some places I could volunteer because there isn't a lot of options in the websites he gave. And it's true that it's funny how MAC (that acronym makes me hungry because of mac n' cheese...) was saying how we should either donate/volunteer instead of doing a thank you video and Mark just linked people to volunteering websites. Coincidence!

Oh and I checked what you guys were saying about the people he's subscribe to. He's subscribe to various people (he's still subscribe to Minx, she's at the bottom), in which one of them is a make up channel. I guess he really appreciate different stuff as long as it's cool work and well done --- unless he's trying to improve his make up skills after his make up challenge video or trying make up on his free time Razz hahaha.

I saw that twitter post about Matt (and Ryan to my understanding???) that they are starting a gaming channel. I think it would have been nice to have everything on one channel because their fanbase is already there, but that's their choice. I think Ryan has an interest in gaming because I saw a couple of tweets in the past about games. We'll see how it goes; at least they want to try various things.

OT: Girl, I feel ya. I gave up sodas and sweet tea for Lent. It felt soooooo good to taste Dr. Pepper again.

MAC makes me think of the makeup brand. But mac n cheese works too.

That's funny that he's subbed to a makeup channel. I might check her out later. I've been trying to get more into makeup lately. I also find it funny that he's subbed to a girl's music channel even though he says he doesn't listen to music that often.

OT: Haha, good to be able to taste those sweet drinks Razz

Well, like Monkee said, Fleur is a girl that he met during his Vegas trip. And I agree that it's funny in a way that he doesn't listen to music much and he's subbed to a girl's music channel, but I think he really as a great appreciation for various music genre, like the Critical Mass/Annihilation music (Shurk).

Just briefly looked at that music channel, Victoria Renee. There isn't much to say about her except she mainly does cover songs for other artists like Christina Aguilera and she's dating some small time Hollywood actor who recently shot a film with Daniel Radcliffe. She has very few videos on her channel and the last one was 10 months ago. She seems to spend most of her time on Instagram. My guess is Mark heard one of her cover songs or he met her personally once or something. He isn't following her on Twitter or anything, so idk.
avatar
M0nkeeButt2590

Posts : 47
Join date : 2015-09-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Markiplier

Post by Aquarianhorse on Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:48 pm

Omg, what the hell gg?! I am glad i found this forum again..

I enjoyed the live stream, didnt watch all but was neat. I am getting sick of the septiplier thing, like they are sooo obsessed with it.

So gaming channel for ryan and matt? Meh.

I do hope they can not always rely on mark. They need to learn to do things on their own. It bothers me a bit Mark is like taking care of them as he said, like a dad.

I hope Mark will be open minded to different eye/hair colors. Reds/blondes are nice but no love for brunettes/black hair? Razz
avatar
Aquarianhorse

Posts : 22
Join date : 2015-10-02
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Markiplier

Post by Kierans on Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:16 pm

I'm glad we still have this place to go when the main site crashes! Very Happy Thanks, Kei!

I missed the livestream, but I'm glad Mark's trying to push fans to volunteer on their own.

The only reasons I can think of for Matt and Ryan starting a gaming channel: to cash in on Mark's popularity, or as a way to earn money while they work on their other projects with Mark. Cynical, but it's what came to mind. Gaming videos are a lot simpler to record than sketches. It feels to me like they're still trying to find their purpose on Youtube (and maybe in life?) but I hope they're not spreading themselves too thin in the process.
avatar
Kierans

Posts : 13
Join date : 2015-09-27
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Markiplier

Post by Aquarianhorse on Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:24 pm

Oh yeah, forgot to say volunteering is good! I volunteer at an spca.
avatar
Aquarianhorse

Posts : 22
Join date : 2015-10-02
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Markiplier

Post by kei on Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:38 pm

You're welcome guys. Very Happy Last August was a nightmare when GG decided to crap out for days right around the time news about Daniel hit. May such a devastating event never occur within the community again, but I don't want people to be without any support at all if something major ever goes down.

I agree with Kierans, I think they're trying to find their own way right now. Whether or not that's gaming, who knows. But the fans they're starting out with are Mark's fans who will blindly support anyone who works with him...but then demand that Mark show up regularly. It happened with Matthias, and again with AJ/Random Encounters. I still wonder even now if he hasn't backed away from collabs because of that. Especially when Matthias asked people to stop sending Mark's fan mail to his address. Rolling Eyes

I wonder if Mark realizes he's actually used as the LP "standard" even more than Pewdiepie...MatPat's livestream chats are always filled with people comparing him to Mark, and even EatMyDiction's stream recently had people telling him he had to "B to blow" which confused the fuck out of him. Razz Ryan and Matt probably don't mind the attention for now, especially since they're still really young (22 and 20 I think?) and just exploring their options, but if they ever want to be taken seriously, eventually they'll have to step out from under Mark's umbrella and do things on their own. In fact, I think we're seeing a lot less of them on Mark's own channel because he realized they were becoming more like accessories to his own channel instead of standing on their own.

kei
Admin

Posts : 39
Join date : 2015-09-26

View user profile http://ggrefugees.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Markiplier

Post by Aquarianhorse on Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:47 pm

Weird how people will blindly support whoever with mark. Support the person if you legit care and like them, not because senpai works with them. When mark promoted jess. I just rolled my eyes abd was like no. Why? What she does not interest me, i dont like anime and from what i hear, her vids arent the best.

Same with matt and ryan, i dont like or care so i wont watch cuz of mark. I dont mean to sound bitchy, but yeah.
avatar
Aquarianhorse

Posts : 22
Join date : 2015-10-02
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Markiplier

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:00 pm

kei wrote:
I agree with Kierans, I think they're trying to find their own way right now. Whether or not that's gaming, who knows. But the fans they're starting out with are Mark's fans who will blindly support anyone who works with him...but then demand that Mark show up regularly. It happened with Matthias, and again with AJ/Random Encounters. I still wonder even now if he hasn't backed away from collabs because of that. Especially when Matthias asked people to stop sending Mark's fan mail to his address. Rolling Eyes

I wonder if Mark realizes he's actually used as the LP "standard" even more than Pewdiepie...MatPat's livestream chats are always filled with people comparing him to Mark, and even EatMyDiction's stream recently had people telling him he had to "B to blow" which confused the fuck out of him. Razz Ryan and Matt probably don't mind the attention for now, especially since they're still really young (22 and 20 I think?) and just exploring their options, but if they ever want to be taken seriously, eventually they'll have to step out from under Mark's umbrella and do things on their own. In fact, I think we're seeing a lot less of them on Mark's own channel because he realized they were becoming more like accessories to his own channel instead of standing on their own.

And considering even Wade had to tell people not to use his P.O. Box to send gifts to his friends (which really SHOULD be common knowledge) I could see why people would be hesitant to work with Mark. Even with Ro people kept pestering her to do a FNAF themed episode with Mark, and the comments basically got filled with either forced shipping or people bitching about the forced shipping, either because they want to fuck Mark or want Jack to fuck Mark. Rolling Eyes

Originally Ryan and Daniel were adamant about being their own channel who just happened to work with Mark from time to time. The two of them even had to tell people on Twitter that Cyndago wasn't just about Mark. Why is it different now? Just because of Daniel? I get it must be difficult knowing the person you relied on and who got you to where you are is no longer there, but don't throw away that and just jump on another person to support you.
avatar
M0nkeeButt2590

Posts : 47
Join date : 2015-09-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Markiplier

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:10 pm

Aquarianhorse wrote:Weird how people will blindly support whoever with mark. Support the person if you legit care and like them, not because senpai works with them. When mark promoted jess. I just rolled my eyes abd was like no. Why? What she does not interest me, i dont like anime and from what i hear, her vids arent the best.

Same with matt and ryan, i dont like or care so i wont watch cuz of mark. I dont mean to sound bitchy, but yeah.

The Jess promotion really pisses me off because she didn't earn it. With all his other friends like Bob, Wade, Matthias, Cyndago/KWP, Jack, Random Encounters, etc., he collabed with them and showed off what they could bring to the table and let the fans decide for themselves if they wanted to sub. With Jess she just got tired of waiting to build up her channel the natural way, came on gg to start shit, then ran to Mark claiming harassment and "nasty rumors" and Mark just asked his fans to sub to her because it "would mean the world" to him because he seems to care more about her now than when she was just his gf.

Hell even with finding Tyler a job, we met Tyler before and got to know him before the promotion. With Jess the bulk of the fandom didn't even know she existed.

But it does bother me that some things these fans will blindly do if Mark asks like sub to someone, but completely ignore him when he says him and Jack are straight or that he doesn't like to be called daddy. The times you WANT them to listen, they just ignore and do whatever the fuck they want without any consequence.
avatar
M0nkeeButt2590

Posts : 47
Join date : 2015-09-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Markiplier

Post by KMS1017 on Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:01 am

Idk if any of you have been watching or knew of Matt's stream on twitch tonight or not. I saw it on Twitter and watched it because I wanted to know more about him. Guy has ADD bad, he admitted it, several times. A lot of the people in the chat were asking for Mark, and that isn't fair. It's his stream, not Mark's. Got to see his kitty, so cute, a bit rambunctious. But what cat isn't?

One story he told that caught my attention, I guess someone recently sent pizza to their house Shocked seriously, that is funked up. He was like it was a sweet gesture, but, we didn't eat it and don't do it again. why can't people just leave them alone? He and Ryan are also wanting to have a po box for themselves when they start their gaming channel.
He said that they talked with Mark and he is in full agreement that if anyone sends them things for him, they'd make a video of them burning whatever gift that they sent for Mark. People will still do it, and then get butt hurt that they did indeed burn said gift, letter, whatever. Dude has said multiple times he doesn't like gifts in the first place. And using his friends/roomies won't win you brownie points.

I guess they just haven't come up with good enough material for sketches at the moment. And that's why they are starting the gaming channel. It's going to be game grumps style, so it'll be essentially the game with commentary from the boys. So. We shall see what happens with that.

KMS1017

Posts : 23
Join date : 2015-11-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Markiplier

Post by MapleNia on Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:34 am

I havn't watched his livestream, but, from what you've pointed out KMS, I like that he mentionned what will happen if they receive gifts for Mark. But a lot of the times, Mark's obsessed fans will not listen and will try in any ways to get noticed by Mark.
That is fucked up to receive pizza from someone.

I watched the end of it. It actually just finished. He's pretty chill! And he explained that he and Ryan are Mark's editors and share 50/50 of the work. They don't want to put out videos that they're not happy with so that's why KWP was lacking a bit, but they will still keep it going.
__________________
Monkee, you pretty much summed up why Jess's promotion was irking for us.
And for that music channel, Victoria, eh, I wasn't worrying that it was a secret fantasy or something like that haha. He probably did hear about her or met her and thought it would be nice to follow her channel for her music only. It's actually nice to see his taste in music, animation style, comedy, etc. It draws a nice portrait of him.
avatar
MapleNia

Posts : 15
Join date : 2015-10-01
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Markiplier

Post by KMS1017 on Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:52 pm

Anyone watch Mark's video this morning? It twas interesting to see someone warming up their voice. What I found equally as interesting is in the description of the video. He said something about being happy to be there for his true fans and that he was sharing a private moment on a public forum. I may be over thinking it, but, sounds like he is voicing his annoyance in the latest debacle.

And maple, the pictures I saw were on Twitter.

KMS1017

Posts : 23
Join date : 2015-11-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Markiplier

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 on Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:14 pm

KMS1017 wrote:Anyone watch Mark's video this morning? It twas interesting to see someone warming up their voice. What I found equally as interesting is in the description of the video. He said something about being happy to be there for his true fans and that he was sharing a private moment on a public forum. I may be over thinking it, but, sounds like he is voicing his annoyance in the latest debacle.

And maple, the pictures I saw were on Twitter.

Honestly I had to turn it off after 2 minutes. Mainly because I have a lot of other things to do, but mainly it didn't interest me. As for the description, it could be a nod to the latest debacle, but it could also easily be saying that you're not a true fan if you don't watch the video to the end. But idk at this point.
avatar
M0nkeeButt2590

Posts : 47
Join date : 2015-09-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Markiplier

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 on Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:18 pm

... And now he's done a video of eating cereal. If these are supposed to be his April Fools day videos, they are really weak imo.
avatar
M0nkeeButt2590

Posts : 47
Join date : 2015-09-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Markiplier

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum