Markiplier's Relationships

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Markiplier's Relationships

Post by kei on Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:04 pm

Admin note: Now that GG seems to have crapped out long-term at the moment, let's get the ball rolling here. I'll try to keep the format like GG does for Mark and Jack, but without the fancy bells and whistles because I know NOTHING about running a forum and never expected I'd have to do this. Razz

kei
Admin

Posts : 39
Join date : 2015-09-26

View user profile http://ggrefugees.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Markiplier's Relationships

Post by chatterbox_380 on Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:36 pm

I put this in Jack's thread but MSB just sent out a video about how youtube forced his video to become monetized and I thought youtube couldn't do that. Or am I wrong?

chatterbox_380

Posts : 1
Join date : 2015-09-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Markiplier's Relationships

Post by kei on Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:42 pm

Well, Jack said there's no method he's aware of where a video can be monetized without the uploader's consent. In his own words,
"I've never seen youtube monetise something outside of someone's control before and while I'm not saying it can't happen (youtube certainly have the power to be able to force it) I have just never encountered it before myself or with any youtube friends."

So either MSB doesn't know what he's doing, or he does and is trying to pretend he doesn't. Neutral

kei
Admin

Posts : 39
Join date : 2015-09-26

View user profile http://ggrefugees.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Markiplier's Relationships

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 on Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:09 pm

If someone gets a third party copyright claim on their video (mainly due to music) then the video gets an automatic ad on it and the content creator can't monetize off it while the supposed owner of the song can profit off of another person's work.

Supposedly MSB's tribute music was original, right? So if it wasn't someone else putting the ads on due to a copyright claim, then he put it there himself.
avatar
M0nkeeButt2590

Posts : 47
Join date : 2015-09-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Markiplier's Relationships

Post by Nyxx on Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:35 pm

What the hell? If that's true, MSB is really a piece of work

Nyxx

Posts : 6
Join date : 2015-09-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Markiplier's Relationships

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 on Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:39 pm

Actually how do we know he has it monetized? I have Adblock turned off for Youtube and I saw no ads when I looked at the video.
avatar
M0nkeeButt2590

Posts : 47
Join date : 2015-09-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Markiplier's Relationships

Post by kei on Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:14 pm

Apparently it started when people started tweeting him, asking why they were seeing an ad on his video tribute to Dan. Here's a tweet that brought it more into the public eye:
https://twitter.com/markiplier_mSb/statuses/646122850852597760

He's also tweeting about "breaking the silence" and "the obligatory I-am-alive tweet" like he hasn't posted for ages when he never actually went anywhere in the first place. Razz So take that as you please.

Thirdly, I find this post to be of particular interest:
https://twitter.com/markiplier_mSb/status/646862932597411840

As a result, people are lauding him for showing empathy, and they're treating him...well, like they treat Mark. But his tweets haven't shown empathy, they've shown an almost desperate need for attention while trying to distance himself from the "common folk" by acting like only true musicians could ever really understand Daniel. He's even begged people to retweet the chords he posted "until people start to recognize the answer to the question." But that's just it, he didn't know Daniel. No one knew him outside those he grew up with, shared a house with, or went to school with. Not to say it hasn't been painful: it hurt everyone. The Cyndago and Markiplier communities were damaged, and its collective light dimmed when Daniel left. This whole thing is tragic enough without someone trying to wheedle their way into Mark's good graces by practically throwing himself at the memory of a guy who chose never to share his demons with even his closest friends. And MSB just isn't getting that, which makes the cringing turn into actual pain. He's hurting others by pretending to have suddenly grown close enough to Daniel that he can play the man's music because only he "gets" it.

Yeah it could just be that he has a very dramatic personality and doesn't mean any real harm. I'd even be willing to pass his latest tweets off as a unique brand of mourning, if we all hadn't already seen this pattern repeated throughout his past behavior in the Markiplite community. While I won't say he's dangerous, he is trying to grab enough power to sway Mark's more easily manipulated fans...and that's worrying. All those things Mark's critics try to accuse him of, that emotional manipulation for material gain? It seems more and more like MSB is actually doing it.

kei
Admin

Posts : 39
Join date : 2015-09-26

View user profile http://ggrefugees.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Markiplier's Relationships

Post by professionallurker on Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:20 pm

I really kind of hope Mark is seeing just how toxic MSB is and distances himself from him, as in no more reacting to his tribute videos.

professionallurker

Posts : 6
Join date : 2015-09-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Markiplier's Relationships

Post by professionallurker on Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:25 pm

kei wrote:Apparently it started when people started tweeting him, asking why they were seeing an ad on his video tribute to Dan. Here's a tweet that brought it more into the public eye:
https://twitter.com/markiplier_mSb/statuses/646122850852597760

He's also tweeting about "breaking the silence" and "the obligatory I-am-alive tweet" like he hasn't posted for ages when he never actually went anywhere in the first place. Razz So take that as you please.

Thirdly, I find this post to be of particular interest:
https://twitter.com/markiplier_mSb/status/646862932597411840

As a result, people are lauding him for showing empathy, and they're treating him...well, like they treat Mark. But his tweets haven't shown empathy, they've shown an almost desperate need for attention while trying to distance himself from the "common folk" by acting like only true musicians could ever really understand Daniel. He's even begged people to retweet the chords he posted "until people start to recognize the answer to the question." But that's just it, he didn't know Daniel. No one knew him outside those he grew up with, shared a house with, or went to school with. Not to say it hasn't been painful: it hurt everyone. The Cyndago and Markiplier communities were damaged, and its collective light dimmed when Daniel left. This whole thing is tragic enough without someone trying to wheedle their way into Mark's good graces by practically throwing himself at the memory of a guy who chose never to share his demons with even his closest friends. And MSB just isn't getting that, which makes the cringing turn into actual pain. He's hurting others by pretending to have suddenly grown close enough to Daniel that he can play the man's music because only he "gets" it.

Yeah it could just be that he has a very dramatic personality and doesn't mean any real harm. I'd even be willing to pass his latest tweets off as a unique brand of mourning, if we all hadn't already seen this pattern repeated throughout his past behavior in the Markiplite community. While I won't say he's dangerous, he is trying to grab enough power to sway Mark's more easily manipulated fans...and that's worrying. All those things Mark's critics try to accuse him of, that emotional manipulation for material gain? It seems more and more like MSB is actually doing it.
What really bugs me is before Daniel's death, MSB was latching on to Mark to grow his fanbase. Now that Daniel has died, MSB seems to be latching onto Daniel and his death and using him to boost his views and following. It's disgusting and disrespectful.

professionallurker

Posts : 6
Join date : 2015-09-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Markiplier's Relationships

Post by Dragonmax on Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:59 am

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:If someone gets a third party copyright claim on their video (mainly due to music) then the video gets an automatic ad on it and the content creator can't monetize off it while the supposed owner of the song can profit off of another person's work.

Supposedly MSB's tribute music was original, right? So if it wasn't someone else putting the ads on due to a copyright claim, then he put it there himself.

Since he started that separate channel for his own creation, it's most likely his own music. (What better way to get attention than to latch on a content creator who just passed away?) If what Jack said about ads was the case, then MSB must've left it as is instead.

professionallurker wrote:
What really bugs me is before Daniel's death, MSB was latching on to Mark to grow his fanbase. Now that Daniel has died, MSB seems to be latching onto Daniel and his death and using him to boost his views and following. It's disgusting and disrespectful.

Mark is quiet for the meanwhile and the issue was around Daniel, so it's natural for MSB to go where the attention is at. He'll take advantage of the situation, suddenly be interested in Dan because he's another musician, then he'll get back to Mark when the channel is up and active again.

But luckily Mark seems smart enough to avoid this guy. Sure he did react to the milestone tributes by MSB, but I think he did it for the fans who really want to reach out to him.

Dragonmax

Posts : 3
Join date : 2015-09-27
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Markiplier's Relationships

Post by Kierans on Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:50 pm

I wonder how James will respond when we reach the point where Mark makes it clear that he's not going to react to any future milestone videos. He already cried for attention after 8 mil by posting vague tweets to get fans to ask Mark and Jack to "check up on him." Wonder if he'll be as dramatic the next time around.
avatar
Kierans

Posts : 13
Join date : 2015-09-27
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Markiplier's Relationships

Post by Aquarianhorse on Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:58 pm

I'd love to see Mark make it clear he doesn't want to do any reaction videos to MSB's pathetic attention whore-y tribute videos. MSB, be grateful Mark noticed you at least ONCE. Heh, last night I had a dream he was doing a live tribute for Daniel but it was weird o_O Bunch of celebs were in it which he was weird and he got emotional XD; Yeah my dreams are special...very special indeed XD

I'd doubt MSB would care about anyone, he's obviously doing it all for attention and to make money off by being a leech.
avatar
Aquarianhorse

Posts : 22
Join date : 2015-10-02
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Markiplier's Relationships

Post by kei on Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:13 pm

Well, now MSB's saying people are unsubbing from him in. He attributes it to him not uploading, but...I wonder if others haven't noticed his questionable actions as well. Most of them are only contacting him because they want to be in the next video, which even he pointed out is on hold until some normalcy is restored.

Personally I hope the idea is scrapped altogether, because after this, we just don't need videos that used to be milestone tributes but are now just "notice me senpai"-level pleas for attention. Especially when they're only being made specifically to elicit a strong emotional response from Mark, who already clearly stated 9 million felt overwhelming.

kei
Admin

Posts : 39
Join date : 2015-09-26

View user profile http://ggrefugees.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Markiplier's Relationships

Post by Aquarianhorse on Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:28 pm

I totally agree. Mark been through a LOT this year and MSB just needs to give the guy a break, actually the universe does :/ So do people that loves to create drama and accuse Mark of stuff :/ I really hope the last few months for Mark will be MUCH better Smile He deserves it Smile

avatar
Aquarianhorse

Posts : 22
Join date : 2015-10-02
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Markiplier's Relationships

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum